You might believe that saving up money by not spending on your home maintenance could end up you saving a lot of money. However, the hard hit reality is that it could cost you a lot more in the future than you might have anticipated.
It’s believed that for every penny you spend on maintenance, you could save up to $1. Experts claim that many homes which have seen thousands of dollars in maintenance and repairs could have been easily prevented by a simple maintenance through spending a few bucks.
We care for our customers which is why we have come up with a list of simple routine maintenance that can potentially save you thousands of dollars. The best part about it is that it hardly takes less than an hour of your busy schedule.
1. Prevent heat loss by applying weather stripping guard which blocks any flow of air. Cooling and heating takes up a lot of energy which is why it is essential to block any places which may cause you to turn down the air conditioning hence leading to increased bills.
2. Consult with a professional and get your house inspected yearly. Clean the air conditioning vents. Such maintenance can save you hundreds of dollars in the long run.
3. Check your roof and inspect for any leakage. If there is leakage, get it repaired immediately.
4. Clean your drainage each season to ensure that there are no chances of blockage.
5. Inspect your alarm and smoke alarm system. Change the batteries if deemed necessary. Install a fire extinguisher to be on the safe side.
6. Dust can infiltrate into your air conditioning, chimney and refrigerators. Vacuum your house and have it cleaned weekly.
By performing these easy to do and simple home maintenance steps, you can save thousands of dollars in the long run.
Take protection of your home and family one step further. If you’re looking for cheap homeowners insurance, feel free to consult us. Call Insure Floridians at (754) 300 7352.
If you have any queries regarding your home insurance, feel free to consult us. Also, fill out the free quote form to get the most affordable insurance rates out there!