Getting a car is one thing, maintaining it is another. Cars are relatively easier to get, keeping it maintained with increased maintenance cost is a challenge. If your car is not maintained on time, it could potentially lead to increased costs in the long run. We at Diverse Insurance Group (specializing in homeowners insurance) have taken out the liberty to list the factors that affect your car in the summers.
Cars have to face and resist harsh weather temperatures to keep you safe while driving and withstand fluctuating temperatures for durability. Since cars spend majority of their time on roads, not all roads are properly surfaced which effects the suspension of your car. We all get a car for better and comfortable commute. A drive to your office or spending time by the beach side should not threaten your ride. Summers can be harsh on your vehicle and definitely requires special attention.
You would be surprised to know that you can keep your car running smoothly and prevent major breakdowns and repairs without spending a lot of money on the vehicle.
If you’re a car enthusiastic who like to upkeep your car, it’ll be much easier for you to maintain it. For those who aren’t, you will be requiring services of a skilled automotive technician.
Here are some factors you should take into consideration:
1. Cooling System – this tool serves as the coolant for your cars’ engine. Cooling system must be flushed and refilled at least once a year. This will ensure your cars’ engine is cooled at all times and in good shape.
2. Check Oil – oil plays an integral part in your car’s smooth running. A lot of technicians advise changing oil every 3,000 miles. However, you must check your owner’s manual for how frequently your cars’ oil must be changed.
3. Battery – immoderate heat exposure to your car can decrease the life of your cars’ battery. Excessive heat can potentially cause the battery fluid to evaporate also damaging the internal structure of the battery. You must park your car in a shade and check up on it every now and then to be a step ahead.
4. Lights – be it your headlights or back lights, lights anywhere on your car are vital in your daily commute. Make sure your lights are working properly. If a bulb is not working properly, get it replaced ASAP!
5. Keep it clean – just like we keep ourselves clean for a healthy system, keeping the car clean is equally important. Get the car serviced from inside and outside so that the car is in good shape.
Feel free to call us at 754 300 7352, our highly skilled team will be eager to assist you in your insurance queries and have the best insurance which suits your needs. Also, fill out a Free Quote Form to get a quote estimation.