Homeowners Insurance In Florida Is A Must Have
So you think you can protect your home just by having homeowners insurance in Florida? With or without homeowner’s coverage there is a lot a homeowner can do to protect their home. In this blog, we have listed few safety measures that should serve you well when you want to protect your home by minimizing the risk of loss or damage occurred due to natural or man-made disasters.
Home Protection Tips against Theft Or Burglaries
- First, identify weaknesses in your security system that may have previously gone unnoticed.
- Even if you go out only for a short time, lock up your home.
- Frequently change all the locks and tumblers of your home.
- A professional burglar will also inspect the wiring of your home security system, therefore, for the most effective alarm system, you need to conceal all wiring. This way burglar will not find out for places where he or she can disconnect the wiring.
- Use timers to switch lights on when you’re out of the home. Your house should appear occupied always.
- Install burglar-resistant glass, and protect your windows with strong alarm system, more good locks and small panes instead of a single glass.
- Drip some solder on the screw heads when installing a window lock. It will stop a burglar from unscrewing the lock.
Home Protection Tips against Strong Winds
- Shut off propane tanks.
- Strengthen garage doors.
- Install storm panels, braces, and hurricane straps in roofs.
- Install hurricane shutters in windows.
- Ensure plywood sheathing is properly installed.
- Consider building a strong storm shelter in your basement. A good storm shelter is capable of bearing the following features:
- Its ceiling, door, and walls resist flying debris and capable of withstanding strong wind pressure.
- It should have its own standby power.
Read: Do Hurricane Shutters Reduce My Homeowners Premium?
Tips For Other Areas In The Home
- Install a burglar alarm.
- Install a smoke alarm.
- Develop an escape FIRE plan in advance.
- Have a fire extinguisher in your home.
- Install outdoor lights in entrances.
- Walkways should be free from cracks or holes.
- Keep the garage door always locked.
If you’re in search of a cheap homeowners insurance policy in Florida, visit us at www.insurefloridians.com to contact our live professional insurance agents.
Read: 6 Tips To File A Claim On Your Homeowners Insurance Policy In Florida